The house is so cozy with all of the lights and decorations, Christmas music
on the stereo and the sweet smell of flour, sugar and sprinkles.
I love hosting our annual cookie baking day with my sister-in-law and my daughter.
We have so much fun baking, talking and taste testing all of the cookies. It's one of
my favorite Christmas traditions.
I'm getting a little head start on my baking this year since I have teamed up with 50+
other bloggers to bring you The Sweetest Season Cookie Exchange and Giveaway.
I'll tell you more about that in a minute. Stay with me because you're not going to want
to miss this giveaway! Hint - there is a KitchenAid mixer involved!!
Several months ago I found this cute little cookie cutter at World Market and knew it would
be perfect for holiday cookies. I think hanging mug cookies are adorable, so I wanted to
add them to my cookie list this year.
I'll have to admit sugar cookies have been my least favorite type of cookie until I tried
Bridget's sugar cookie recipe. Her recipe worked perfectly and they taste so delicious!
This sugar cookie recipe will definitely be added to my holiday faves.
Aren't these hanging coffee mug cookies just the cutest! They would be perfect for a hot
chocolate bar or for gifting with a pretty mug and some tea or cocoa to go with them. I
can't wait to serve them on Christmas eve!
Hanging Coffee Mug Sugar Cookies
1 1/2 C unbleached all-purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 C sugar (I used Imperial Sugar)
1 stick salted butter, cold and cut into chunks
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. pure almond extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment
paper or a Silpat. Combine the flour and baking powder, set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar.
Add the egg and extracts and mix. Gradually add the flour one cup
at a time, mixing just until combined. Do not over mix.
Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it together with your
hands. Roll the dough out on a floured surface about 1/4 inch thick.
Cut into shapes using a cookie cutter. Place cut cookies on the
prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with decorating sugar if desired.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light brown on the edges.
Let cookies set on the pan for about 5 minutes before removing
them to a cooling rack.
Yield - 16 cookies using the cutter shown above.
Recipe from Bake at 350.
I received free product from Imperial Sugar, Dixie Crystals and Bob’s Red Mill as part of The Sweetest Season Cookie Exchange. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Me and My Pink Mixer!
I’ve teamed up with 50 other bloggers to bring you The Sweetest Season’s Sweetest Cookie Giveaway! We’ve put together an incredible cookie baking prize package, and we can’t wait to tell you more about it.
row one: Wit Wisdom Food | Beth Cakes | Alyssa and Carla | The Rustic Willow | Chez Catey Lou | Joybilee Farm | Arousing Appetites | The Food in My Beard | Lizzy is Dizzy | Lemon Sugar
row two: The Speckled Palate | The Gift of Gab | think fruitful | Majorly Delicious | Sugar Dish Me | An Oregon Cottage | A Savory Feast | The Foodie Patootie | Twin Stripe | Hidden Fruits and Veggies
row three: Appeasing a Food Geek | DC Girl in Pearls | Bessie Bakes | Brunch with Joy | Cooking With Libby | 2 Cookin Mamas | Lou Lou Biscuit | Me and My Pink Mixer | Wetherills Say I Do | The Little Epicurean |
row four: The Emotional Baker | Cake 'n Knife | Glisten and Grace | Meredith Noelle | The Secret Ingredient [is love] | SammaSpot | Hey There Sunshine | Natasha Red Blog | Flavors & Sabores | Macheesmo
row five: Beer Girl Cooks | My California Roots | Butchers Niche | The Skinny Pot | Sustaining the Powers | Feast + West | Not Your Average Southern Belle | Vanilla And Bean | Our Life Inspired | That Square Plate
Be sure to check out our blogs to see all of our cookie recipes throughout the week! We’re using the hashtag #sweetestseasoncookies on social media this week, and we’re joining even more bloggers baking cookies, so it’s going to be a grand time!
Now, on to the giveaway!
A whopping 51 bloggers teamed up to bring you an awesome cookie-centric giveaway! We picked out a stand mixer and other goodies to make baking this season go smoothly. And, a big thank you goes out to the generous sponsors who helped with The Sweetest Season by organizing, as well as providing products to the participating bloggers and donating some incredible prizes for our giveaway! Be sure to check out Imperial Sugar, Dixie Crystals, Bob’s Red Mill, Cabot Creamery and The Crumby Cupcake for lots of great recipe ideas. And check out Garnishing Co., who designed our graphics.
We’re giving away The Sweetest Cookie Prize Pack, and it is worth $690! See the Rafflecopter below to enter to win this amazing set of cookie baking goodies. The prize pack includes:
- One OXO Good Grips 5-Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl // $35 value
- One Jenaluca Stainless Steel Medium Cookie Scoop // $33 value
- One 2-piece Calphalon Nonstick Baking Sheet Set // $30 value
- One 10” x 15” Stainless Steel Metal Cooling Rack // $25 value
- One 7-piece OXO Good Grips Multi-colored Nesting Measuring Beaker Set // $20 value
- One GIR: Get It Right Ultimate Spatula in Gray // $19 value
- One 5-piece R & M Snowflake Cookie Cutter Set // $10 value
- One OXO Good Grips 11” Balloon Whisk // $10 value
- One OXO Good Grips Silicone Cookie Spatula // $8 value
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 65 total entries by following the giveaway sponsors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the information as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Saturday, December 19, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST. One winner will be chosen at random and e-mailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact. The retail value of the prize is $690. Prizes listed above are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of December 5, 2015.
- To read all giveaway terms and conditions, visit the giveaway terms and conditions page or click the option in the Rafflecopter below to review them.